Social distancing has kept many of events from taking place, but there are still ways to participate in Memorial Day! Here's how!
🇺🇸 #1: Participate in the National Moment of Remembrance
- Memorial Day is all about remembering and honoring our fallen soldiers. At 3pm local time, pause for a moment in an act of national unity.
🇺🇸 #2: Get grilling!
- You can't celebrate Memorial Day without throwing some hamburger and hot dog on the grill!
- Invite a friend, wear masks, and enjoy some BBQ from a safe distance.
- Avoid community dishes, serve individual bags of chips, bottled drinks, etc.
🇺🇸 #3: Go out for swim in a pool!
- Memorial Day kicks off the start of the summer season and what better way to enjoy the day than swimming?
- Take a swim in a private pool, or buy a blow up pool!
- Experts say the chlorine in pools should kill the virus, keep gatherings small!
🇺🇸 #4: Head to the beach
- Tybee has reopened with social distancing guidelines.
- Enjoy the sun and the sand, but be sure to stay 6 feet apart from people!
🇺🇸 #5: Take a hike on Skidaway Island State Park
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the marsh on Skidaway Island State Park!
🇺🇸 #6: Donate flowers to a fallen hero
- Georgia has several national cemeteries. Donate flowers to a veterans grave through Memorial Day Flowers.
🇺🇸 #7: Fly a flag
- Honor fallen soldiers simply by placing an American Flag outside your home.
🇺🇸 #8: Chalk up the sidewalk with patriotic art
- This is a fun activity for the kids to get involved in.
- Chalk up the sidewalk with a mural, an American flag, or just simply a thank you message to a veteran.
🇺🇸 #9: Visit the National Museum of the Might Eighth
- The museum reopens on Memorial Day, what better way to honor our vets than to learn about them!
- The museum will practice social distancing and hold 25% of capacity at one time.
Photo: Getty Images